Persistent changing cough and wheezing
Ive had a cough that comes and goes every day, it has started to get worse, I also have asthma and my inhalers are not working to stop my wheezing??
it sounds exactly like a chest infection.
with chest infections the coughing gets worse when you lay down, go in and out of the cold, is wheesy, sometimes with mucus, and it is quite a bad chest infection when is starts getting crackly. also coughing can be so frequent, hard or violent it can cause bad headaches.

you really need to see a doctor.
the longer you leave it the worse it will get.

if you leave it too long you will struggle to breath. especially with asthma, chest infections when left can be dangerous.

doctors prescribe a week of antibiotics normally, and generally they start working within 2 days. as you have asthma they may prescribe additional inhalers.

it is best to stay out the cold and avoid breathing in cold air, as it can make symptoms worse.

(i do speak from experience, i have a chest infection every winter.)

good luck. i look forward to hearing your thoughts, and progress.
If your rescue inhalers are not working and your symptoms are getting worse. I suggest you go to the emergency room or contact your health care provider ASAP, I have severe asthma, and when I can't breathe I am miserable. There cold be another illness going on i.e. bronchitis or pneumonia, etc., so it is vital that you not ignore your symptoms, it's your body's way of saying HELP!!!
You should probably get your lungs checked to make sure you don't have an infection.
I live in California and a lot of folks I meet and know have had a dry hacking cough for many weeks now, its worse at night starts with a nasty throat tickle that you have to cough, nothing will ease it, I dont cough much during the day ..Nothing physically wrong ...we have put it down to allergies from the environment here .