Pneumonia and now pain around kidney
I was diagnosed with pneumonia 4 days ago when I went in for pain in my heart area and shortness in breath.. I'm on antibiotics, still can't cough anything out but today I started feeling pain in my lower back area where kidneys are. I urinate every 10, 15 minutes and the color in clear.. My mouth is dry all the time which I think is a side effect from the antibiotics.
Could have the pneumonia caused issues in my kidneys or bladder???
What ATBs are you taking?  
Avelox... I went yesterday and saw a lung specialist, he calmed me down and told me that i only have a little pneumonia in my lower left side it's nothing to be worried about. It's the bronchitis that's causing a lot of pain in my chest and back that I did not have prior to the antibiotics. He told me 5 days of that strong antibiotics is plenty and that I should continue on prednisone that's what will calm my inflammation in the lungs and eventually will get rid of my shortness of breaths episodes. Simbicort inhaler gave me side effects that's why I'm on steroid pills instead. I told him in not coughing anything out, he said nothing will come out.. This has been sitting there for a while so my body will absorb it and it will eventually get out with stool. I'm waiting, we'll see .. Just have the pain to deal with along with shortness of breaths  
Sounds correct.  I am not so sure about the part he said the phlegm has been sitting in your body so long that it will be absorbed and will be expelled in your stool.  Avelox and prednisone should do it.  

Drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest.  I just went through the same thing; had Bronchitis.  

Pneumonia will not per se affect your kidneys and bladder, but avelox can.  I believe it has been "black boxed" in the USA.  It has alot of side effects that can occur.  
Yes Avelox is very strong that's why he told me to stop it... Shortness of breath episodes are getting little better. Doctors think I'm having anxiety attacks, which could be true cause I have been stressed a lot. I'll give it some time and hope for the best.
Thankyou for your replies :-)