General Health Community
Possible iron deficiency? Im so exhauseted!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Hello all :) I feel absolutely terrible and I believe it has to do with my iron levels being low. I'm 31 female and have heavy menstrual periods. I went to the the doctor with these symptoms , extreme exhaustion and fatigue despite of getting plenty of sleep. Numbness and tingling in my hands and feet, also sometimes my fingers swell to the point where I can't close my fist. Dark circles under my eyes, headaches ,dizziness , shortness of breath and joint pain. She tested my iron levels and said they were normal. My levels was 59 and from what I understand , from reading on line is that a normal iron level for a woman is between 65-170. I really want to feel better anyone else have the symptoms? Even though she said my level was normal, I bought some liquid iron supplements. I think I will feel much better if I can get my levels closer to 100. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
See my other comments to your question in the other forum.
Could be diabetes check the inside of your eyes under your eyeballs and if their white your iron is low eat lots of red meat beans and dark green vegetables
I'm 25 and have been having dizzy/tired spells all my life. I am extremely pale with dark circles around my eyes. It's as if I try and be healthy and cut out suggary drinks and snacks I feel like I'm going to pass out. I had a blood test to see if I was anemic but it came back I was fine. So after some research online I found ways to make myself better. For the tired sluggish feeling avoid processed foods (I promised it makes a difference). Make sure to eat lots of greens and steam them so you get all your vitamins. Try and get as much sleep as possible it makes such a difference and the the most helpful tip is excercise. I hate it but just going jogging twice a week has improved my life so much :) Good luck