General Health Community
Pre-Coverage Surgical Procedure

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Pre-Coverage Surgical Procedure

My ENT has informed me that I have a severe sinus infection that looks to be the result of a polyp or even tumor in my maxillary sinus, and I will most likely require surgery - and pretty fast - to have it excised. However, my insurance policy doesn't go active for another four weeks. Is it possible for a doctor to pre-authorize or delay billing on a procedure if you can provide proof that coverage is on the way?
Sorry I don't think so. Are you on antibiotics for it? Any way to get temporary insurance coverage now? I hope someone out there know more than I do about getting around the system. I know the ER's have to take you in if it is an emergency but they will ask for payment and if you have any money they will bill you and require you to pay. They go by the date of service too.