General Health Community
Pressure on right side of neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Pressure on right side of neck

I am writing after having visited several doctors for this problem, a GI specialist, Internist, and a neurologist. What I am experiencing is a dull pressure on the right side of my neck, almost like someone has their hand there. This pressure intensifies as i attempt to turn my head to the left. Accompanying this condition has been some stomach pain particularly in my upper right quadrant, that also comes and goes. I have been taking nexium as my initial doctor thought GERD was to blame. Now that my acid is low, I still have the lingering pressure that comes and goes. I have tried to stretch my neck, but it only feels like it is being held down by the right side of my body. I thought this could be atributed to a muscle strain, as I have had some violent coughs this past year, but the problem has persisted for the past 7 months. Ive noticed that because of the way I sit at work, I lean heavily to my right side, potentially causing an imbalance. When i try to stretch my body to the opposite side and lean my body to the left, I feel a slight tingle in the middle right side of my chest. I have noticed that the muscles on the right side of my neck are also noticeably smaller. Could this all be because of posture?? All physical tests have come back fine, (liver, thyroid, kidney, everyhting else) and am concerned that I do not have the appropriate direction in which to look for help. This problem affects my daily life, as I am constantly trying to struggle to relieve the pressure on the right side of my neck, and I really would appreciate any and all help