General Health Community
Propranolol Withdrawal

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Propranolol Withdrawal

What are the side effects of propranolol withdrawal?
  Why were you taking it?  For your heart or for migraine?   If you were taking it for your heart it could increase your risk for angina or heart attack.  you might need to try a different heart med.
Avatar n tn
I take propranolol for Tremors from taking Gabapentin. I wanted to know if propranolol has withdrawal symptoms because I am weening off all meds to see if my new symptoms were caused by all the meds. I want to add meds as needed for Fibromyalgia.
I am so sorry that you have Fibromyalgia.  It is so painful and fatiguing.  The stomach problems that come with it are no fun either.
     I have had Fibromyalgia for several years.  I take Gabapentin only as needed when the pain from neuritis (right cheek) gets bad.  Most of the time I take Essiac (available at health food stores for pain relief).  When it gets too bad I take Naproxen.  When I first got Fibromyalgia, I was all bent over with pain -  could hardly walk and it was a chore to get out of bed in the morning.
     I can truly say that Essiac has helped me tremendously.  But, since your body is not my body, I don't  know if it would help you.  I got tremors from corticosteroids not Gabapentin. So I can't take any steroids.  - Lyrica is usually prescribed for Fibro'  but it's also a "gaba"  and not everyone responds the same.  I hope that it helps you if that what's your doctor prescribes.  
     I hope you are successful in weaning yourself from other meds.  I only take one daily (diltiazem) for my heart.  I also take supplements which help.  Was reading that most people with Fibro need Vitamin D3 and Potassium.  
      Please let us know how you fare.