General Health Community
Pulse in my belly?
About This Community:

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pulse in my belly?

Is it normal to feel a pulse in the belly? when I lay on my stomach I can feel it from under me and i can even feel it when i lay on my back and i put my hands on my stomach. i don't think i ever took notice of this. i took pregnancy tests for 5 months now and all have given me negative results. Is this just a normal bodily function that i haven't notice before or is there something wrong with me?
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1415174 tn?1453246703
Is it your pulse but in the stomach area? If so it is very normal it is just an
artery.
Blank
no it normal
Blank
4048462 tn?1349326444
I'm not a doctor, but my guess is that this may be stomach cramping - and could be abdominal muscles as well - where the muscles are "twitching" and causing this.  The things that can be extremely normal, related to diet - and they can also be a symptom of a digestive condition.  With that being said, if you've been tired, achy, feverish or had any problems going to the bathroom - check in with your doctor - especially if it feels like stabbing pain.

If everything else seems normal - I wouldn't get worried or rush to the doctor unless - but I would seek help if it continues for an odd amount of time (over a day - not a couple hours) or causes discomfort.
Blank
Thank you, this is helpful. But what about gurgling sounds coming from the lower abdominal region?
Blank
1415174 tn?1453246703
Abdominal sounds are normal too. If you have no bowel sounds that isn't good. Usually, we can't here the no bowel sounds because the doctor uses a stethoscope to hear them. Gurgling you are processing food or are hungry.
mkh9
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
1415174 tn?1453246703
Blank