General Health Community
Rabies from masturbation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Rabies from masturbation

Hi, I know this question seems a little silly. But this has been bothering me for quite some time now.

I'm an anxious guy, and I just wanna know if you could possibly get infected with rabies through masturbation?

We own vaccinated pets (dog and cat) around the house, and sometimes I see some stray cats on top of our roofs or in the garage, but we never entertain them. I clean my hands through either hand washing or usage of hand sanitizers after touching dirty surfaces. So when it comes to masturbation, I try to make my  hands as clean as possible.

Before, I wasn't concerned about these things at all. I'm not even sure if I washed my hands before masturbating, but I still seem fine now. Now, I try to masturbate solely in the showers, because I feel that my body (hands and privates) are much cleaner that way because I get to soap them well before I masturbate. Am I being irrational/unreasonable this way? I think my anxiety is taking over me again.

Answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all your help. God Bless!
Are you being irrational/unreasonable this way?   Yes, I think that you are.  I too am a worrier and sometimes get upset over things that are  unlikely.  Your concern over contracting rabies via masterbation (masturbation) is pretty extreme though.  Talking to a psychiatist or other mental health professional may be helpful because if you are worried about this, you will probably worry about other highly unlikely possibilities in the future.  Getting reassurance about something like this is helpful temporarily until you find something else to worry about.  You need to find a way to deal with worry in general.

I also find it interesting that you specifically worry about rabies and masterbation (masturbation).   If rabies was that easy to get (it isn't), you would be in just as much danger by touching your face (or any other part of your body) as touching your genitals.   I am wondering if you feel shame about masterbating (masturbating) and are somehow feeling that something bad will happen to you if you do it.  Again, this is something that a mental help professional could help you with.  And don't think that you are somehow strange or "crazy" because you talk to a psychiatrist. You would be surprised how many people get help of this type at some time in their lives.

If you feel uncomfortable about talking to someone in person about your tendency to worry, there are a huge number of books available that can help you.   Go on to any online bookseller and do a search for "worry".  It does take some work on your part, but in the long run, it will allow you to live a much happier and fulfilling life.
To catch the virus there needs to be direct contact with the animal's saliva and your blood.

Any ways a cheap and effective way to sanitize your hands is to wash them in water and Bleach.

y dont u stop masturbation i dont think u can get rabies thru that except if ur bitten by one of the wide animals
erm no you cant get Rabies through masturbation ...Its a good idea to wash you hands after touching animals (pets) - You only get Rabies if the infected animal BITES YOU ........and it draws blood.... So dont be anxious...think you doing just fine ;)
Thank you so much for your input. :)
Thanks so much for your input. :)

Sorry, but I don't think it's that easy to stop that habit, especially that I'm trying to abstain from having casual intercourse with others.
Thanks for your input. :) I should worry less about these things. Or maybe I should see a Psychiatrist about it.
Why would you need a Psychiatrist?  

You cannot get Rabies from masturbation.....

Masturbation is a natural stress reliever lol.....

You are normal to me.....

Thank you so much for taking time to respond to my post.

I don't know why I'm so afraid of rabies. Maybe because I just don't wanna die that way; no one does. And thank you for reassuring me that I will be okay. I agree with what everything you said.

Not sure if I'm having issues with masturbation per se. Maybe I do, but I think the thought of getting infected with rabies in all possible ways is just really bothering me. I'm considering seeing a Psychiatrist, thank you.

God Bless you sir!
Thanks for your answer. :)
No problem buddy.  You're going to be ok.   With some work on your part, you really can change the way you think to be more positive and less anxious.  There will be times when bad things happen in your life, but getting rabies is not one of them.  And you will be surprised on how well you hold up when something bad actually does happen.  You are probably more resilient than you give yourself credit for.  In the meantime, enjoy the many good things in life!  
Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it.
did you ask this question only because you thought you could have caught rabies or is there a specific reason, like you're not feeling well? having any symptoms?