Radiation Exposure
This is not related to occupation however I figured this would be the board to ask about radiation exposure.  Can you tell me if  the old rooftop tv antennas emit radiation.  We are about to rent a home that has a large TV antenna mounted to the roof and we have a 6 month old that we are concerned about.

Thank you!
No. The antennas are inert and designed to receive electromagnetic emanations. The surface of the metal receives the electromagnetic signals from the atmosphere which are amplified before being sent to the television. The antenna never emits any radiation, nor is it dangerous to touch it.

This is an "urban myth".

Often when an antenna is touched the television develops a change in the screen. This is due to a phenomena called "body capicitance". The human being is discharging electricity. A no times is electrical energy senht back through the antenna to the person.