Rash on Shins
I have recently moved from Ireland to Spain to work. I've always had a faint rash on my shins, but as the temperature has gotten hotter my rash has gotten worse. I initially thought it was a heat rash, but it wasn't raised and isn't itchy or sore. It looks like little pinpricks of blood under the skin, the only other problem is that the skin can be dry too. It stretches halfway to my knee from my ankle. The pharmacist said that its caused by poor circulation and gave me a cream. I'm not overly concerned about it, its not sore or itchy. But I am slightly concerned that poor circulation is a sign of something else. Is this rash something i should be worried about?
A physical examination may be necessary for correct diagnosis and treatment of your condition. Few common possibilities of your symptoms are eczema, pityriasis rosea, psoriasis, lichen simplex or tinea corporis. Leg rashes vary greatly in appearance, extent and severity depending on the underlying cause. The characteristics of rash like the type of rash, color of rash, its extent can all help in determining the cause of rash. It is suggested to see a dermatologist and get it examined. Treatment will be specific based on the cause. I hope it helps. Do write to me again.
Best wishes and take care!