General Health Community
Recurring blind spots in my vision!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Recurring blind spots in my vision!

I'm 28  years old and I have been getting these blind spots on my vision in both eyes. I have been getting them for about 3 years now. They will appear in my vision in either the left eye or my right eye, this don't happen everyday, about 3-4 times a month. It's kind'a hard to explain but i will try my best. When these blind spots appear they take a shape of a black 'n' white squiggly line in my vision, at first they are a little faint then they worsen to the point to where if i'm looking straight at an object I can't see it, but I can see other things around it. This happens in both eyes but NOT at the same time. And it takes about and hour or two (sometimes longer) for it to go away. When it does go away, I can see just fine. And I hate it when this happens when i'm driving cause I can't see whats in front of me! When I was a kid, my left eye was a Lazy Eye, and the left lens on my glasses had to be thicker than the right lens. My left eye eventually got better and wasn't a Lazy Eye anymore and then I had a bad case of blurred vision in it. Wearing the glasses wasn't helping with the blurred vision so I stopped wearing them years after. After a while of not wearing them, the blurred vision cleared up really well (strange I know). And years later I started getting the blind spots in my vision. What could be causing these blind spot?
It could be retinal problem but it would be better if you ask you questions to the nice doctors on the eye care forum. Good luck.
Thank you for your response! I tryed looking for the eye care forum, but I couldn't find it, lol.
P.s it could also be migraine related. I have a migraine variant where I get a vary rare partial vision loss in one eye. But since you  have it come back and it is in more than one eye I would get it checked.The eye care forum go to the top and look for the forums. It is alpha betical and go to E. Then you should be able to find it under Eye. I don't know for sure it is eye care but it is eye something.There is only one Eye care type of forum. Let me know if you can't find it.
Good luck.
mkh9
Go to the top of the page to forums, then Health forums the scroll down to E and look for Eye Care.
regards,
mkh9