Red, painful bump inside belly button - redness is spreading
I'm a 17 year old female and I started having pain in my belly button whenever I bent over, got out of bed in the morning, or bent down to put my shoes on.. those type of motions. I didn't notice anything at first and took Q-Tips and applied hydrogen peroxide just in case, but today I noticed a red bump inside my belly button when I was pulling up on my skin to clean it with the hydrogren peroxide. It appears to be filled with something, but there hasn't been any discharge or anything like that yet. I've also noticed that the redness is spreading to the outside of my belly button and it's becoming more sore. I am overweight if that matters at all. I told my mom and she's going to call the doctor tomorrow morning as my doctor doesn't have night hours, but do any of you have any idea what it could be? I got kind of alarmed when I saw the red bump.
I wasn't sure how to edit my post but when I went to get changed, I saw a ring of discharge around my belly button. It appears to be a mixture of pus and blood. I cleaned it with warm water and Dove soap (using q-tips) and also cleaned it out with some hydrogen peroxide again after that, also using q-tips. I've put on loose clothing but I'm still sort of scared about this. Does anyone have any clue what it might be??? I will be going to the doctor tomorrow. Thanks..
Hi, I have the SAME thing right now, I am also overweight. Did you find out what it was? I'm freaking out because I don't have insurance...
I have the EXACT same thing, and I notice that your posts are pretty far back... can you just tell me what exactly it was? I called the ER and they told me to put a hot compress on it, and see if it would drain, otherwise I had to 'pop' it with a needle... Im not sure if I can do that. Any advice would be wonderful!
I removed my belly ring because of red bumps inside and around my belly bullon.
what do i do now that i removed my belly ring because of redness inside and around, it's very itchie and don't know how to get rid of it.
Did it ever get better? I have the same problem now. Its sore. Red polyp like growth inside the naval.
for anyone with this issue Neosporin helped me a lot. Just drain the pus then clean with peroxide and cover with Neosporin