Right side of neck is Swollen, Fever and more
I am 15, male, and i have a swollen right side of my neck, very very sore throat but not strep throat(ive gone to the doctor and he prescribed me zpac only) a fever that flares up a lot, a very stuffed up nose, and was wondering what this could possibly be because i dont think the doctor noticed my swollen neck, he noticed an ear infection in my right ear and gave me zpac, but that has done nothing for anything else but my ear, and im not sure if it has done anything at all because i cant really tell about my ears health. But if this Zpac doesnt do anything what do i do? Also any ideas on what this is?
Get a test for Glandular Fever. Are you excessivly tired at all...?
You might want to see an ear nose throat specialist. It sounds like you have an ear and sinus infection going on at the same time. You could be having the sore throat from drainage. The specialist would be able to tell and if that's the case prescribe you an allergy med. Let us know how things turn out and take care. Remar
Sometimes when you have an infection or virus your gland will become inflamed.  I have taken ZPAC and it will not touch a virus.  Your sore throat and swollen neck could be a virus and it has to run its course.  This is just from my experence. Is your Mom concerned?  Mothers are great worriers.
Hello~Your problems could be due to environmental allergies, they can cause sore throats, stuffy nose and general malaise. I would see the Internist and have him/her run some test on you and some allergy tests. You could also have a mild case of chronic fatigue syndrome, this can cause your symptoms as well.