General Health Community
Severe bloating after drinking even just water?

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

I'm 17, pretty healthy, nothing wrong with me except about 3 weeks ago I got a flu. Just the usual fatigue, dizziness, headaches, tummyaches, runny nose etc. that goes along with a winter cold. At one point I had blood in my urine but only once and my kidney area sometimes hurt. I did notice I was retaining water a lot, especially around the stomach area, to the point where drinking was physically paining my stomach by stretching it so much.
I'm not usually big on eating but lately I've been eating less, but even just water causes me to swell up.
Will be going to the doc soon but I'm wondering what it could be? It hurts heaps. =/
Sounds like they need to check your kidneys. You may have and infection and need anibiotics. better to go and have it checked out and rule out other issues.
Hi I wish I could say I never had this problem . But I had 2 times . The first time it was due to pneumonia . The 2nd time was too much salt intake . Salt allows you retain water . I was drinking a Gatorade a lot .  I felt like I wanted to blow up . Gatorade is high in salt content causing to to keep water . My doctor was very upset with me . Try to see how much salt you are consuming .  It caused me to blow up like a water balloon . See your doctor ask him for a medicine that will reduce water you retained . This can be serious  so don't wait . .