Severe pain in hip after injection?
I wasn't sure where to post this so I apologize if this is the incorrect area.
I went to the ER yesterday for severe back and shoulder pain after moving the wrong way. The doctor ordered Morphine and Phenergan injections. The nurse injected the morphine into my left hip and the phenergan into my right hip. As soon as she pushed the needle into my right hip, I got a really intense pain in my hip that radiated down to my right knee and my kneecap felt like it was going to explode. Now, I still have pain in my right hip when I move my leg and I'm worried that she did something wrong. Should I be worried? Is it possible that she damaged a nerve? Thanks!
It's normal for something like this to happen because Morphine and Phenergan make the muscle twitch slightly as side-effects. Check with a heart and immune system doctor for a layout and idea tracking of the pain if you are too concerned. It works for 90%-100% of the time.
She could have definitely hit a nerve and wow, does that ever hurt.
If this just happened, try putting some ice on the area, that might help some.
No its because of the hardness of the injection u should rub the place firmly and dont press it hard u will get better soon .. but unfortunately if u could not find comfort than u should go to the doctor again for the check up