General Health Community
Should I worry?

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Should I worry?

I am a single mom of a 14 month old.  He got a bad ear infection when he was six months old and then again when he was 11 months old.  The doctor gave him a different/stronger antibiotic with the last ear infection.  Now we are only almost three months from his last one, and starting 2 nights ago he woke up in the middle of the night with a bad fever.  I gave him the baby tylenol, and it seemed to help a little. 2 days later and he still has the fever.  However, he doesn't have any of the other symptoms that he had with the ear infections the last two times.  No runny nose, no congestion, no cold, no tugging on his ears, no acting lethargic and crabby... In fact, he is up and playing in the day, and trying to be active.  He ate well last night, and then when he goes to sleep, it's like he is on fire.  
Even when my doctor told me before his first ear infection that it was nothing and i was worried for nothing, then two days later I am in the emergency room with him and a 104 fever, and he needed anti-biotics.    I work full-time and his current doctor is not very available.  My gut is telling me that something is wrong.  My son sweats A LOT in his sleep, and when he has these fevers, he just gets hotter and hotter and doesn't sweat at all...that is always my first indication that something is wrong.  
Like I mentioned before my gut is telling me to worry, but I don't know what the problem is.  Fever is usually always an indication that something else is wrong, correct?  Please help.  
Do go by your gut feeling and go to another Doctor for another oppinion,as he is well during the day and eating perhaps the ear infection has subsided,Is his Room cool, and does he have a lot of covers and warm clothes? What does he eat or drink before Bed?The sweating could indicate overheating.Certainly may be good to see someone else.