General Health Community
Significantly decreased appetite almost a week after the flu.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

I had a stomach bug on Wednesday the 6th of February consisting of mainly nausea and diarrhea, I wasn't able to vomit. I noticed that I had sharp pains in my stomach so I figured this was because of not eating that day due to nausea. Today is Monday the 11th of February and I'm finding that my appetite has decreased significantly. I also found that when I eat meals that I would normally be able to finish and still have room for desert; that I'm absolutely stuffed half way through and unable to finish. I usually have a big appetite and am a bit overweight for my height. 5ft .5inches and 135lbs. I'm wondering if this is a symptom of the flu dragging on, it if this could be a larger issue? I literally have no interest in eating during the day really until dinner time and find that I cannot even finish my dinner. I've also lost 4lbs through this whole ordeal(not that I'm complaining!) but I worry that I could be missing something much larger. Any inside provided will be absolutely appreciated!
It is natural to lose your appetite after having the flu.   You might want to try the BRAT diet for a little while until your stomach feels recuperated.  Bananas, rice, apples and toast.  I hope you feel better soon.
How are you doing?  We haven't heard from you and hope you are doing better.  My daughter has the flu now.   She is on the BRAT diet hoping it will help.
I am doing better, didnt start to eat my appetite back until a week and a half after the having the flu!
I'm glad you are doing better.  You might want to start taking Probiotics and multiple vitamins to build yourself up against any more illness.