Silver used to fight viral infection...Is this safe?
Hello I recently had some jaw pain, facial swelling & a fever. I thought it was an absessed tooth, but my doctor said otherwise. In fact, he said it is a viral infection & I sat for an hour with an IV drip of silver & B12.  I am concerned about the risks involved with this treatment. Also, what are my chances of the virus traveling to my heart? I have heard that once this happens, it can be fatal. Please, any information you might have regarding the use of silver & viruses would be very helpful. Also, what can I do at home to help fight this infection? My doctor said that having a fever is good because it means my body is fighting the infection. What do you think? Thanks...
Silver was used extensively at the turn of the century to fight bacterial infections. There was one reason why the use of silver fell into disfavor. The silver causes disfigurement, primarily by turning the skin, especially the face, a dull shade of gray. This side effect is irreversible.
Fever is a part of the immune response system, primarily of value in the case of bacterial infections. Many organisms can only replicate within a narrow range of temperatures. The elevated body/blood temperature inhibits replication. In general, unless it is absolutely necessary (i.e. - a police officer on duty), it is best to permit fevers, as long as they are not abnormally high, to run their course.