General Health Community
Sleep Disorder, Constant Dreams

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Sleep Disorder, Constant Dreams

I have a dream almost everyday. They are not nightmares. Also my brain just can't stop thinking one thing or the other. It fee;ls like my attention is turned inwards almost always and i have only half my focus on my surroundings. Also i have trouble sleeping because my mind keeps on whirring and can't relax enough to go to sleep unless it tires itself completely. I also don't have a set pattern or time of sleep, it keeps on moving. I need to know what is wrong with me & how can i overcome it.
There are plenty of natural ways to get sleep.

My favorite is hot tea. :)

Others choose a pill called Melatonin.
With Melatonin, you take it at the same time each night. And because it's natural, feel free to take another if you don't fall asleep within an hour.
Just be careful. When I took it, I had a hard time waking up.

Valerian root is great too, but I have yet to try it.
It also sounds like you're lucid dreaming. This is very hard to do and nothing to be afraid of.
Actually, some use it as a form of meditation. It's very hard to accomplish and I'm very jealous.
are you taking any meds or supplements as they can cause sleeplessness and dreaming ?
Same problem here, I believe sometimes we think way too much, or we have so much to do.lol Your not alone...I know your going to prop laugh, but I have a App on my Iphone that's called Sleep Easily Meditation by Shazzie...Omg..I'm a sleep by 5 minutes now..lol.. My android had it too..Maybe you can find something soothing to play when you go to bed. And what ever you do,,,Don't think of nothing when you try to sleep...
No meds at all.
I'm not Lucid Dreaming. When i'm asleep i'm totally out. But just as i'm waking up some dream is fading. It happens almost everyday. I'm worried that due to this my brain isn't able to get enough rest.
I don't have an Iphone. Do you have any other suggestions?
Doesn't tea disrupt your sleep since it contains caffeine?
I always suggest people stay away from self medicating, only trained professionals can an appropriate medicinal program. I hear stress ans anxiety in what you are saying. The fact that you are questioning if you are alright tells me you are not completely in balance. This could be a simple matter of over stimulation to your life,,,,work ,kids, guys, money or could indicate something more deeply rooted like a chemical imbalance. Self reflection is healthy...ask yourself what your mind "whirrls on?" if you jump from random thought to random thought? or are you focused on an event, a person or experience, and what those mean to you, happy sad, stressful???...as hard as this sounds, try not to exasperate your thinking by creating fearful thoughts around this time in your life....there are supports..start with your Dr. given you are not taking meds you have an advantage in that you don't need a full med reveiw...you and a trusted professional can plan out what happens next..Do you have good friends or family you can bounce things off of??