General Health Community
Small Accident with Shaving
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Small Accident with Shaving

I was doing maintenance downstairs and using a pair of scissors to trim, when I accidentally nicked the bottom of my shaft... it isn't a deep cut but it did cause some bleeding to occur. It's directly on top of the main vein. I've been freaking out all day thinking of possible infection and so on. Immediately after it happened, I used some alcohol and cotton to clean it (it did sting), and I did this several times. Later I bought some anti-bacterial cream that I've put on 3-4 times already. The pair of scissors did have some marks on the blades which I'm unsure if they're rusty or just dirty? Anyways, I had a tetnis shot a month ago, so that shouldn't be an issue even if it was deep enough to cause that concern? I'm probably going overboard here but I am a bit of a hypochondriac when it comes to these things...

The size of the cut i quite small, probably 1cm or so.
I don't think this warrants a Dr visit, besides that wouldn't be embarrassing at all right?
Thanks for reading... any help would be great.
Blank
you dont have anything to worry about, how rare it is to get i infection from the cut going into you, its happened to me twice, nothing happenes.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
you dont have anything to worry about, how rare it is to get i infection from the cut going into you, its happened to me twice, nothing happenes.
Blank
Also you can use peroxide instead of alcohal (alcohol). Same results less pain :)
Blank
thanks for the reassurance, I wish I wasn't such a hypochondriac. :|
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949