Splinter under Fingernail
I have a rather large splinter wedged under my fingernail.  I've tried to dig it out unsuccessfully with tweezers and a long pin.  I soaked it in eardrops for swimmers because I thought that might prevent infection.  There's no blood and it doesn't really hurt.  What should I do?
You should probably see your Dr to have it removed. It could very well turn into an infection. I'm not sure if you have Walgreens where you live but you could stop by there. They have a nurse on staff at most of them and it's much cheaper an easier than going to the Dr.Or if insurance is not a problem go to a Med Center so they can remove it and let you know if you need antibiotics. Take care. Remar
I agree with above pos,t  you may need it removed now however ..I have found with splinters that I would put some anti biotic cream on a band aid, put the band aid  over the 'splinter area , firmly , keep it on or renew it as needed, it softens it and very often the spinter has come out by itself ....