General Health Community
Strange chest feeling

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Strange chest feeling

I wasn't sure where to put this so general seemed appropriate! I'm a 17 year old girl and for the last week and a half every morning I wake up with a tightness in my chest. It's not painful, just tight, I can only feel it when I breathe in deeply and it only happens when I wake up in the morning for about 10 minutes. What could this be? Cause for concern?
You don't say if you are athletic.  Could be costochondritis  (inflammation of the ligaments that hold the ribs in place).  Or perhaps you breathe too shallow while asleep.  Doesn't sound like heart trouble - but if it bothers you too much, see a doctor.  
I Had the same problem a few years back! I went to the doctors. And they said it was Breast growth. May be difffrent for you. So i suggest asking a doctor.