Swollen Lymph Node?
Ever since I was a little kid I have had swollen lymph nodes... when I was younger I refered to them as my "buttons" that were in my neck. I do not think I have ever found any swollen lymph nodes other than on my neck.

The main lymph node that bothers me is on the left side of my neck, towards my collar bone. It is fairly large and is irritating (painful) at times. I have gone to the doctor in regards to this and they sent me for a CT Scan, X-Rays, and even removed the whole gland for a biopsy (which came back fine). A few weeks after my biopsy (this was a little over a year ago) the lymph node came back in the same exact location. To date, it is about the same size it was when I had it removed. It is starting to become uncomfortable again and even painful at times (when moving my head).

The doctor really had nothing helpful to say in this situation and I don't know what to do. Is there something that is causing this lymph node (and others, the'yre smaller and do not cause discomfort) to come back and grow? I do not know if there's other tests I should have done, or what... but, I feel like if I am going to talk to the doctor about it again, I need suggestions of what it could be... since he seems to not be doing much about it.

Any help is appreciated!
Hi maranda7. Could you tell me if you have discovered why  your nodes are up. Your story us the same as my son's.  No one has been able to help or give us an answer.  Thanks :)