General Health Community
Swollen Lymph Nodes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen Lymph Nodes

I was wondering what some causes are for swollen lymph nodes in the chest.  I had a CT scan a year ago and was told the lymph nodes around my heart were swollen.  I was told follow up in three months for another CT scan to see if the swelling went down.  Well I have four kids and things were busy and I forgot about the appointment.  Recentyl, I went to the doctor because I have not been feeling good and there was a lot of things bothering me - feeling achy, stomach cramps, itchy skin, headaches, tired, tightness in my chest, numbness in my arms and the tips of my fingers feeling tingly sometimes - basically, a lot of things that were bothering me.  The doctor ordered lots of tests - CT scan, MRI, sonogram (internal with a wand), blood work, stool samples, pap smear - too many.  The nurse called and left a message, my test results were in and I needed to call asap and make an appt, that it was urgent.  Well, I talked to her today and she said that I had the following - hemoragic cists on my ovaries, possibly endometrial cancer, lymphadenopathy, possible lymphoma.  Needless to say I am real concerned.  She said that my lymph nodes around my heart are swollen more now than what they were a year ago.  I am trying to find out what could cause swollen lymph nodes around the heart.  What could be wrong with me?  I don't expect you to tell me exactly but I am looking for possible, realistic, honest possiblities.  Any help that you could give me would be very appreciated.  Thank you very much for your time.  I am very thankful if you answer this and assist me with any possibilities you know of.