General Health Community
Swollen glands but no sore throat...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Swollen glands but no sore throat...

Hi my symptoms are basically:

1.  Sore neck - my glands are swollen and my neck is actually sore to touch, it hurts to turn my head and when I yawn, cough or sneeze I get a sharp pain in my neck.

2.  I have pressure in my ears, my neck, and had a few headaches.

3.  I have intermittent feelings of a low-grade fever.

4. Light headed and dizzy.

I haven't gone to the doctor and i've been like this for almost 5 days now. My neck is very sore on my left side and very lightly on my right side. It's hard to sleep comfortable at nights and I'm living on Ibuprofen. I take 400-1000 mgs at a time and I feel okay for about 6-8 hours then I have to take it again.  I don't actually have a sore throat, it is my neck and my head that hurts. I have no feeling of congestion or any symptom of allergies or cold.

I really don't know what i have and i'm starting to think it's very serious but i don't wanna go to the doctor so they can tell me something i really don't have. Please i need some help!!
Im not sure if this is it or will help but did you know that when you take that much IBuprofen it can actualy can cause a headach.... Try taking any for a few days an detox your system see if this works. Or try taking Aleve but only 2.
Or it could be muscular you  may have pulled something and not known it and iv done that.
Thanks all i got. sorry
Jenn
Thanks i did know, but i was just now reading that it might be mumps. I'm not sure if that is the right thing but i guess i might just have to go to the doctor. Thanks for your help though :)
Be wary, meningitis can sometimes start that way. Also could be your body is fighting a nasty infection somewhere on your head (like an infected cut on your scalp you cant see.)
Thanks!! I thought about it but i really don't think is that, it feels just like my muscle not my glands i really have no idea what it is. Hope i'll get better soon cuz it's making me nuts..
Hey, just wanted to let you know I have the same thing going on. It started with a really sore body though. my feet and hands hurt like i hand no strength and then i had no energy. my entire neck hurt to move either way and i thought it was just sore or a muscle pulled from cracking it. but then the stiff neck went away and my body felt normal again. except just now i noticed a tender lump on the right side of my neck that only hurts on that side around the lump. it hurts to swallow sneeze and yawn. im told its a swollen lymph node because im trying to fight off some infection. i have no cut or anything to my knowledge and im not sick with the cold. if it lasts more than a week im going to the clinic, but im told it usually goes away. hope it helps to know you arent alone.