General Health Community
Temperature
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Temperature

I had taken an doxycycline and clindamycin for about a year for an infection. It caused me to have digestive problems. Will It ever get better or will it be permanant? I have also been told it caused some anxiety. So I noticed my temperature has always been 98.5-98.8 and now it is 97.1-97.6 all the time. Well I felt like I had a slight fever one day and it said 98.2. Is it normal for your normal temp to drop? It has been like that for a few months now. I am always cold when everyone else isn't. What else could cause my temp to drop? I have been tested for thyroid and my adrenal glad which doc said negative.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It depends on what time of day you take your temperature. It is lowest in the morning and rises during the day and is highest around 6 p.m. But your temperature can be a little low or a little high and it is your body either fighting something off or just regulating itself. I would worry about such as small change like that. Sometimes your temp goes down a degree when you are fighting a virus. As for the doxy and clindamycin. You probably lost a lot of your normal intestinal bacteria and you need to start taking probiotics if you haven't yet. Get one that has 10 billion copies and has at least a couple different bacteria such as a lactobacillus and bifidobacterium sp. You can take these as a daily pill. You can eat a couple of yogurts a day but it may not be enough. Also if you have really bad diarrhea you may want to get tested for Clostridridium difficile. It is a bacteria that can take over when you take Clindamycin and some other antibiotics (it has a toxin) and causes a lot of intestinal problems. But if you don't have diarrhea yet then you may be lucky and just start the probiotic. You can get them in a lot of places like Costco. It will get better after you repopluate your intestines. It will take a few months. But do see a doctor if you have bad diarrhea or develop it.
Blank
I take my temp several times a day and it always says 97.2-97.5. I do have a gi doc I am seeing. He checked me for c-diff which was negative. I was on florastor and need to start it back.
Blank
Well, I hope you feel better soon. Glad the C.diff was negative.
mkh9
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank