Thyroid Medication Help?
I have been diagnosed with an under-active thyroid and anemia. I am taking iron tablets and along with that, my doctor prescribed Levothyroxine 112 MCG to start with. I got an allergic reaction. My doctor thought that it could be due to overdose. She lowered the dosage to 25 MCG. I had the same allergic reaction (runny nose, rashes all over my face, sore throat, dizziness). So, this time, the pharmacist thought that the allergic reaction might be due to lactose as I am lactose intolerant, and the dyes in the medication. (Artificial colors.) He gave me Levothyroxine 25 MCG and told me to break it in half. This medication is lactose free and dye free. This time again, I had the same allergic reaction except for the sore throat because I only took it once. Last time it started with the same thing. Since I continued for nine days, I ended up with a sore throat too. I am confused. What is causing this problem? Can you please help? I would appreciate a quick response. Thank you.
Try the Thyroid forum they may have some answers .
Thank you but we already checked....
My daughter started Levothyroxine at age 4 and developed a rash on her legs and experiences sore throats, hoarseness.  Then in December 2009 her "head pain" turned out to be cerebral spinal fluid hypertension.  I was pushing on her eyes and they had to do a lumbar puncture.  After being admitted to hospital, they said her TSH was too low and they lowered her dosage. She started a bunch of other meds as well but had this weird heat induced rash that woud dissipate when not in hot temperatures. I can upload a picture for you.