General Health Community
Uncomfortable Feeling.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Uncomfortable Feeling.

I have an issue, I don't know whats its related to but it feels related to heart. I feel strange pressure near heart area & it makes me restless & I sweat a lot, even my heart rate is increased & I start to feel like I may get a heart attack, stroke or even heart fail. I'm very worried by this from 4.5 years. I had suffered this kind of episodes 7-9 times & its really hard to keep calm in those situations. In my observation it has no patters or anything, these days that kind of feeling is persistent & feels like something is giving pressure to heart & the area nearby. I've consulted my family doc, an MD & even a heart specialist. I've got my 2D echo, ECG & B.P checked every time but all the reports & doc's say's its normal & my anxiety is causing the trouble. I've been prescribed to take medicines as Trika 0.25 mg, Ciplar LA 20 by the doctors.
Basically I'm obese, I used to have a irregular schedule, I also face constipation & gastric issues, I bad habits like smoking, I smoked for 1.5 years & at the beginning it was intense (20-25 cigarettes per day). Now I have quit smoking.
I've also started basic exercise at my home & also reduced my weight from 130 Kg's to 98 Kg's. I'm eating meals like a heart patient. I've almost fixed my schedule for myself.
Is there anything serious about my health or should I do any specific checkup to get it diagnosed. I really have started to loose it, I'm not able to stay focused in my work & the thought is there everytime. Please help me, Please.
A visit to the cardiologist to rule out heart trouble is very important!  Meanwhile, you can help yourself by taking Cod Liver Oil and if you can find it, EDTA.  Both open up the arteries and take stress off the heart.  EDTA is available in capsule or ointment form. - I personally prefer the capsule - but I hear the ointment is just as reliable.    Hoping this info helps you.
EDTA is only appropriate in select situations, like lead poisoning or certain dental applications.  Fish oil is supposed to be good for your heart, though.

Since your heart has checked out so far, I think the assessment that it's anxiety is correct.  It looks like trika is alprazolam, also known as xanax in the US.  Is this correct?  If that's so, you might need a larger dose.  According to the dosage information I found on xanax, some people with panic disorder have needed 10 mg per day (spaced out) to control their panic attacks.  I'm not sure what the dose would be for use on an as needed basis (as in, you only take it when you feel anxious), but it can be a lot higher than .25 mg.  Talk to your doctor about maybe increasing the dose.  

The more usual long term treatment of anxiety involves SSRIs with therapy.  SSRIs work on a daily basis to treat anxiety, and are not habit forming the way benzos are.  If you're bothered a lot by anxiety, these might be a good choice for you.  

For gastric issues, eating more fiber, combined with lots of water, is good for both constipation and diarrhea.  Fiber helps stabilize your gut by holding water in the colon, but having enough structure to prevent diarrhea.  You can get fiber supplements, or eat any fruits other than apples and bananas (which actually make constipation worse).  Whole grains and veggies are also good, but too much white bread will increase constipation.  Remember that for diarrhea, the diet is BRAT--bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast, so these are the things to AVOID if you're constipated.
Hyperthyroidism can mimic other health problems, which may make it difficult for your doctor to diagnose. It can also cause a wide variety of signs and symptoms, including:
1. Sudden weight loss, even when your appetite and the amount and type of food you eat remain the same or even increase
2. Rapid heartbeat (tachycardia) — commonly more than 100 beats a minute — irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) or pounding of your heart (palpitations)
3. Increased appetite
4. Nervousness, anxiety and irritability
5. Tremor — usually a fine trembling in your hands and fingers
    Sweating
6. Changes in menstrual patterns
7.  Increased sensitivity to heat
8.  Changes in bowel patterns, especially more frequent bowel movements
9.  An enlarged thyroid gland (goiter), which may appear as a swelling at the base of your neck
10. Fatigue, muscle weakness
11. Difficulty sleeping
12. Skin thinning
13. Fine, brittle hair