Unexplained offensive body odor
I have an offensive body odor that is simply unexplainable and its beginning to depress me and causing me to become anti-social.  I cannot smell it myself but I know that others around me do.  It appears to smell like rotton food or sewage from comments I've heard.

I am desperate to know what it is and how I can get rid of it. What sort of specialist would one see about a problem such as this?

The only medical problem I have is hypothyroidism am considered in the obese range.  My over all hygeine is excellent.

Desperate for help!
I am only guessing here, but it is a reasonable guess--have you had your thyroid checked?  
I have a body odor too.  Besides going to the doctor and having your metabolites checked I would suggest anti-baterial soap.  Not the smelly kind the plain old blue kind in a bottle at walmart.  Thrown away your body poof's buy a bunch of wash clothes and use those.  The body poofs harbor bacteria.  And the final piece to my puzzle was the new degree clinical strength expnsive for deoderant but well worth it.  I can even skip a shower day now if I am really super tired.  I feel your pain I have had this problem since puberty and so have others in my family.  People can be mean and cruel when you aren't like them but just remember there is something "wrong" with everyone and ours is just more noticable.  I learned about the body poofs on Oprah.  Good Luck