General Health Community
Veins in arm surfacing and painful

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Veins in arm surfacing and painful

I am a 50 y.o. woman, i am anemic, i recently was hospitalized and had several I.V. sites in my arms, when i got out of the hospital, i went for a checkup and had some blood drawn, that night i started having pain in my arms and my veins were surfacing and getting very big and it was so painful. it felt like my veins would bust!  A few days went by and it happened numerous times and when i raise my arms it goes away, last night however it started happening in my legs.  Is this phlebitis, varicose veins, i am not in good health and i only weigh 77.2 lbs and cannot seem to gain and keep weight on.  I also have had hodgekins in 79 and beat that then in 81 i had cervial cancer, and then in 99 i had anal cancer, from all the chemo and radiation treatments i had to have a chest tube and part of my left lung removed, my left side and breast hurts constantly. I am afraid that this thing happening in my veins may be life threatening.  Is this something i should worry about????  Thank you