General Health Community
Very Concerned

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Very Concerned

Ok so I had a period in February and then didn't have another period until September...During the months of April, May, and June I couldn't keep anything down and was nauseated all the time as well as very tender breast...I took home test and they all said negative, so I went to the clinic and the test there also said negative..So what could be the reason to why I didn't have a period for 6 months straight???
Sorry to hear this! Have you had any other tests done apart from pregnancy?
Or are you over or under weight?
No I haven't had any test done yet but I am this coming week so I just wanted some heads up about the situation...And I am a plus size female but not overweight and my weight never interfered with my cycle before...
As I always say I am no doctor, but I will help if I can. First, off have you been stressed? Or did you just believe and almost want to be pregnant? The reason I ask is stress can cuase you to miss your period, I have once for two months. And when I first got with my now husband I thought I was and started showing signs of pregnancy. This lasted 4 months. Then my period just popped back up, we were disappointed. But if the nause was real bad and you just want a for sure answer see a doctor. Or go to a woman's health clinic. You never can be to carful. Good luck!!!
No I wasn't stressed during the time and yes I did believe that I was and was trying..And when it popped up I was disappointed as well...I am going to see a Obgyn next week so I hope everything is ok...Thanks
Oh yep, thats fair enough. ok so its got nothing to do with weight, reason i ask is i put on alot of weight quickly and my periods stopped.
Best thing is to see obgyn as you mentioned. Good Luck :)
Yeah just try to stress it to much. I remember how happy I was thinking I was pregnant, and how hard it hit when I wasn't. My OB told me that it was nothing to worry about everything looked fine. Keep me posted and I am praying for you.
Thanks to you both...I will let you both know my outcome!! Thanks for the advice!!