Warmest Welcome To The Family Medicine Community
WELCOME to all our newcomers and existing members to the Family Medicine Forum! My name is Susie and as CL of this community I look forward to helping us grow this particular forum together.  Family Medicine is an area of medicine where all kinds of health issues are covered.

Having had numerous health issues myself, I feel that I will be able to help others that have or are going through some of the same things that I have, and I feel it is a great privilege to help others.

You do not have to post just once, please feel free to jump right in and answer other questions as well, I feel the more people contribute, the more help can be given.

With your help, together we can build a wealth of information -- It's very exciting that a community like this available to all of us --- Thanks to YOU and MedHelp!!  

SassyLassie
Susie
CL -  Family Medicine Community
Just bumping for all newcomers to see.
:-)
Oh sassy lassie I am so glad to see you as Cl here welcome to you I saw you battling along it is great maybe this forum will finally get some deserved life in it...
Helpin the cause...Bump
HI,
nice to meet you,all!
Nice to see you here.  I saw you in the Complimentary Medicine forum.
Hi i am visit this forum first time.I saw your posting and i hope it solved my all health issues.
Yeast Infection
Hi everybody...I need HELP.My husband and I have been takin lortabs for about a year now.We are ready to get off of them but have no insurance for medical help...How can we do this,We hav tried before but the withdrwals wer tooo bad
Hello Jamielynn~I would try a free clinic if there is one in your area, maybe they can give you things to help the withdrawls as you and your husband are weaning off the Lortabs.
hello.

I am having another horrible day, i have been ill for a year and a 8 months now since i contracted campylobacter,  I havent had a meal since march and my specialist told me i had gastritis, gord, ibs, and heitaus hernia.  I still cant eat as am always sick, so i live on ice cream and water.  I tried to do abit of housework but it was knackering and boy was i sweating.  I am fed up being in pain everyday and feeling sick and light headed.  Its along day when my partner is at work, i miss his cheeky smile and basically just his cheek lol  i am trying to keep upbeat but boy is it hard!! The doc has me on 16 tablets a day, and they dont help.  Got ma family cuming for fish suppers 2nite lol i dont cook!! and i tell them its alrite they have to eat.  Can,t wait to get better am dying for a bit of black budding.
Female, 41, Phoenix, AZ, member since Jul 2011
I am 5'4", 250lbs. For the past 3 days now I have been having a pain radiating from behind my left ear down to my left side of my neck. It is swollen and hot to the touch. I have taken some Advil for the pain, and that does not seem to be doing anything for it. I have i ced it and the pain is still there. I have discovered that there is a lump right under the ear where the jaw connects. That whole side of my face is swollen, hot and painful. It is also triggering headaches and causing the muscles from my jaw and all the way to my left shoulder to swell!
One other thing I have noticed is that a small part of my left side of my tongue is going numb.
Should I be at the doctors tomorrow or the emergency?

I don't smoke, don't drink, I don't take any illegal drugs.
On a scale from 1-10 this is a (7)
It would help if you could respond as soon as you can please and Thank you
Hello, im soo glad i joined the community but i really apprertiate if some one could answer my concern. thank you for this lovely group where people can share there fears and problems.
my husband has a smooth painless lump on his forearm above the wrist to the right side. you can't notice the bump unless you look deeply  but when i touch it you feel it and it's not hard at all. what is this?