General Health Community
Weakness pain burning sensation in arms hands legs feet
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weakness pain burning sensation in arms hands legs feet

Hi, This originally started mid July while in UK I got a sore throat and cough which lasted about 6 weeks, then it went but sore throat and cough returned beginning September, a few days later I woke up in the night with such a tight chest and could not sleep. Since then I have had insomnia, chest pressure/tightness burning sensation, bloating, sickly feeling, fatigue and general weakness due to lack of sleep, dry mouth and white coated tongue.  My doctor put it down to anxiety, as I was originally stressed about a family member in September when all this started.  I have had a chest xray, exercise stress test and blood and urine tests.  All normal except White cell count which was elevated my doctor said it was due to infection or inflammation, and he wants me to repeat the test in the new year.  Thyroid was very slightly underactive but said it was nothing to worry about.  Hormone tests showed that I am in menopause.  By beginning of November all this symptoms continue, but I almost fainted at work which scared me, so I went to my doctor and he put me on antidepressant Avanza 30mg half tablet at night - the first night I took it I had severe diarrhea and weakness which I thought was due to the diarrhea, I took Avanza for 4 nights with continuing diarrhea so my doctor said to stop taking it.  The lack of energy and weakness aching burning tingling sensations in my arms hands legs and feet have continued since then.  My upper back also aches and has a burning sensation and my chest although thes pressure eases from time to time also feels weak at times almost as though I would stop breathing. After two days of stopping taking Avanza I took Endep 50mg for 2 nights but the extreme dry mouth made me stop taking then, I also got really bad aching arms and legs feet and hands, which has subsided since stopping Endep, but still there.  My doctor is putting all this down to anxiety and possibly menopause symptoms.  However I am afraid that he may have missed something and getting a bit scared at to these symptoms.  Can you please help.