General Health Community
Week long chest pain with Pectus Carinatum

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Hi, I have pectus carinatum, my sternum protrudes about 2cm or so out. I'm here because it causes me severe chest pain that makes it impossible to move sometimes and if I don't sit in a certain position it will become unbearable. It happens for a week minimum when it comes, and can last for up to two weeks. With month stretches in between only because it's triggered by physical acticity which I'm afraid to do. This is horrible, because I'd really like to start working out. It completely unmotivates me when I need to get something done, but don't because the pain is too bad. Can anybody relate to this or give any advice? What can I do to minimize the pain? I don't want to have surgery, but if that's what it comes to I will. Are there any exercises that would help or at least shave a day or two off this terrible situation? Thanks for any help
Tags: sternum
The only choice is surgery.