What cause a incision to open after surgery
What cause a incision to open and leak fluid? I had a hernia operation Oct.19 2010. at the end of Nov.2010 my incision open up and started to leak fluid. It is now Jan 31 2011 and it is still open and still leaking. I have a nurse come every morning to clean and pack it. I ask my surgeon why this is happing, what cause's it to open and he say's that sometimes these things happen. Well he really does not answer my question. What cause a incision to open and leak fluid and why does it take so long to close??
I don't know what causes it, and I am not trying to scare you, but better safe than sorry, and from what you just posted, it's time to go to the doctor.
a swab will check for any infection e.g. mrsa. this sounds like a complication that can happen after any surgery. possibly poor circulation in that area for some reason and can take a long time to clear, it has to heal from the inside to the surface that's why it needs packing. keep as active as possible and ask at your health food store about supplements to aid the healing process