General Health Community
What exactly is +.50 sph used to correct? Should it help you see far a...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

What exactly is +.50 sph used to correct? Should it help you see far away or up close?

I went to the doctor because my distance vision has been slightly blurry.  I struggle to drive and night and watch tv,  The doctor prescribed +.50 sph in both eyes.  I tried the new glasses and I cannot see.  My vision far away is worse with the glasses on.  My dashboard looks perfect but my distance vision is terrible. They also make me feel sea sick when I try to wear them.  The TV is also blurry when I wear them.   I have had reading glasses since I was 16 and these glasses that are supposed to be for distance don't look much different than my reading glasses when I tried to read with them!  Is this a correct prescription for seeing distance?  HELP!