General Health Community
What tests did they do to you??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

What tests did they do to you??

Hi my name is Ashley, im 19 about three years ago I started having pain inside my right lower quadrant in my abdominal wall.  I am now seeing a gastroneurologist to see what the problem is, I have been to the hospital several times for this pain and they have only done the same tests over again and its very bothersome and aggrivating.  Im getting a barium enema done tom. I have a feeling that nothing is going to be found, if they dont find anything than they are doing a meckles test, but I used to play soccer in high school but ever since this side pain I havent been that much motivated to do anything its painful.

This discussion is related to Lower right side abdominal pain...for last 3 years.
Hi! First of all why do you think they aren´t going to find anything?
How would you describe your pain? When does the pain occur, or when is it the hardest? Does the pain spread (like to the rest of your abdomen, back, thighs or...)?
How is your appetite and your stool? Have you noticed any changes in your stool when the pain began?
Do you have trouble urinating? Do you feel the pain when urinating? Have you drunk any medications before the pain appeared, and which?
Have you ever had painful menstruation cycles? Is your cycle regular (how many days passes between the beginning of your period till the beginning of the next?) and how long does the bleeding lasts? Have you noticed any changes since the pain began?
What tests did they do and what did they find?
Anastasia2010 has made an excellent post.

Her questions are very important.

The onset of the pain, the nature of the pain (sharp, dull), whether or not it is positionally relieved, the duration, the history (onset - how many times per day/month/week/year).

A thorough questioning and accurate patient history is often ignored by physicians and is more important than tests.

A 3T MRI is very definitive in detecting adhesions, growths and structural abnormalities. Note I stated a 3T and not a 1T. There are various kinds of MRI's.