General Health Community
What to do for Pressure Washer Injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

What to do for Pressure Washer Injury

17 year old son was hit in the arm with an industrial power washer. He is out of state right now. Won't be home until Sat. He said it starts at his shoulder and goes to his elbow. Long red burn with welps on either side and some of it has bled and is scabbing over. He has been keeping Neosporin on it and cleaning it everynight with peroxide. He said it no longer hurts  (happened a week ago, and I just found out about it). Said I don't need to go get him until Sat., but as a mom I am worried sick about this. His friend's mom said it looks ok. But him mentioning the red line has me thinking blood poisoning...but then there is the burn.  I don't know if I should leave it alone until he comes back then take him to his doctor or head straight to Oklahoma and take him to an er...please help

This discussion is related to Lab. Mistake HCL acid inhale.
I had a welt that sounds like that , but honeslty if you go to a tattoo or piercing shop, or even hot topic and get some H2Ocean (Its a sterile salt water spray) and use that and neosporin to treat it- it should be fine, he may have a small scar but if it does not get any better after a week or so, Id make an appointment with your GP