General Health Community
When to stop wet to dry dressings

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

When to stop wet to dry dressings

I have a wound on my leg from a compound fracture.  It went from a wound vac to wet to dry dressings and is now almost covered with new skin. The actual red flesh showing is about 1/2 cm across if that.  It seems to have stopped closing up as we thought it would be healed over last week but it hasn't changed as fast as it was.  I have been released from home health but wasn't told when to stop using a wet to dry dressing other than once new skin was grown over.   Could the wet to dry dressing slow the healing because of the dampness? Should I go just to dry dressing and bandages?  Thanks.