Whopping cough?
Every year I get very sick. It starts out as a bad cold. The cold goes away and in replace is this awful hack. I cough so long and hard that I sometimes get sick. It last between two to three weeks and worsens at night. I started to get it after I had a bad case of the pneumonia in the fourth grade. I am now 19. I know that whopping cough is more common in children, but to me it sounds more like whopping cough than the pneumonia  and bronchitis that I have been diagnosed with. Does it sound like pneumonia, bronchitis, whopping cough, or something else? Thank you for your help.
I forgot to mention that I had asthma my entire life.
Your Dr would be able to tell with testing. Have you seen your Dr about his? Adults can also get whooping cough. I wish I could tell you what's going on but it could be any of the things you mentioned. You do need to find out exactly what it is so you can be properly treated for it. Remar
Hello Cet~If you have not done so, I would seek a second opinion from another doctor. From what I have read and heard, whooping cough sounds almost just like a "Whoop" and it is very difficult to catch your breath inbetween as it ***** the breath out of you as you are coughing.
My doctor never does any test. He usually prescribes me an antibiotic that has no affect. Then I go back and he prescribes me a stronger one. When that on doesn't work and I only get worse my mom takes me to the hospital. They usually prescribe me a steroid and with no test done they diagnose me with either pneumonia or bronchitis. The cough is very loud and hard. I cannot breath correctly afterwards.I usually have to take a breathing treatment after an attack. I am currently trying to find a new physician.