General Health Community
adult acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

adult acne

ovary pain  in left ovary mid cyle acne comes and goes  and is painful lumps feeling sluggish then sweating hot flushes , feeling low . Im 39 had acne since being 14 iv tried all pills lotions i now have the coil fitted for 5 yrs iv had blood tests wich have come back fine  this has happened to me alot can be fine for a month then it all comes back this is the worse iv been for along time with the pain in my ovary .
First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your pain and other symptoms. Your post really hit home with me because I just recently went to an OBGYN to find relief from the pain I was in and to figure out what the heck was going on with me! I am 25 years old, have suffered form adult acne since i was about 14 and had been experiencing lower abdominal pain on my left side for several years. In the last couple of years, I started experiencing hot flashes accompanied by moderate-severe anxiety and depression. Just as an aside, I studied psychology for several years and have earned, not only my bachelors in psych, but also several certifications and honors surrounding my degree ( I start my masters in a couple of months!). With that said, I knew my anxiety/depression were signs of something bigger going on, I just didn't know if it was physical or mental. So I sought out a professional. As it turns out it was physical, despite my lab tests coming up normal.
I'm not sure if you are going through the same thing, it just sounds very similar to what I was experiencing: being fine one month and in substantial pain the next, having acne come and go, feeling sluggish and depressed, but also feeling anxious and having hot flashes at other times - all with no real indication of why or what was causing these symptoms to randomly show up and go away.
I finally sought out help due to a menstrual cycle that just wouldn't quit for about 2-3 weeks. When my doc performed an ultrasound she found several cysts on my ovaries and concluded that I had the beginning signs of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS). This syndrome can cause anxiety, depression, acne, weight gain, fluctuation in hormone levels (hot flashes), and pain in your lower abdominal around your ovaries (mine was just the left too). If you have elevated testosterone levels, then you could also have more hair on your face and chest than usual for females, but if your blood tests are coming up normal you may not have this symptom. Its strange because most people with this syndrome are usual overweight (as alot of the resources on the internet indicate), but that might not always be the case -as I weigh about 110lbs and am 5'4". Also, if you have any history of diabetes, or hypoglycemia in your family, these symptoms could be related to an insulin resistance issue, which can be closely related to PCOS.
So perhaps you should get an ultrasound of your ovaries, if you haven't already. If you do have PCOS, then its important you get it diagnosed asap because it puts you at risk for many other health related issues such as heart disease, infertility and possibly even ovarian cancer. Please don't misunderstand me, i don't want to scare you into the doctors office. I just think this may help rule out some extraneous variables in your situation, or it might help you find a diagnosis and thus a treatment option so you can get back to your normal self :)
I hope this helped! If you google "Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome" you'll find plenty of resources on the topic. Just make sure they are reliable and valid (there's a lot of junk out there).
Hi thanks for the advice yes alot of what you said rings true to myslef specially with the uncomfortable bruised feeling in the left ovary about 2 weeks in to my cycle one month can be worse to the other one can i ask for a ultra sound scan on my ovaries from the doctor then iv been for blood test today so waiting on results but i bet they will come back normal as they did last time this month as been the worst i flet for ages and my face is alos bad at the moment lumpy spots coming up daily no matter what face creams i used i was once put on antibiotics for 2 years wich cleared them  i was fine for a while now it as all started again  it stops u doing things u wud normally do as u dont want to go out for people to be looking at bad skin its very depressing and drains u emotionally