General Health Community
been feeling woozy, like partially drunk, eyes also feel funny.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Hi, I've just joined this forums, so I'm not sure how it works. I think I'm commenting on "been feeling woozy, like partially drunk, eyes also feel funny."

Sorry to bring up quite an old thread, but I feel these exact symptoms. I mostly get them when I'm at the pc. I can sit at the pc all night with no problem, or i can sit 5 minutes and it gets so bad i have to leave.

4-5 years ago(aged 15-16) i was diagnosed(after a long fight with the doctors who wouldn't test me) and treated  for osteosarcoma(chemo and surgery to remove the tumour and give me a prosthetic knee). That's all fine now, just regular check-ups. Around 1 year 4 months ago i had chest "thumps", i thought i was having a heart attack due to low magnesium/potassium('caused by the chemotherapy) for which i take supplements.

For the next few months i was fobbed off constantly when these symptoms + many more happened again and again. No-one would check me out properly(further than an ECG), until finally my mum forced them to do all the proper checks.

I got a CT scan, Endocrinology, etc. I even had a trip to the ENT. They all came back fine... great, I'm well. But then i was left with terrible anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia. I struggled through my college course with these(and got my diploma :D) and got counselling(mostly from the college counsellor, because the doc took ages and sent an occupational therapist... great)

Anyway, I struggled for months and I've got to the stage where i barely have a panic attack. I still have pretty bad anxiety and slight agoraphobia. I can usually get myself out of the house and even out to clubs with my friends. Sometimes i enjoy it, other times i don't.

I had a panic attack last week, and since then I've been having mood swings(feel quite angry a lot), been feeling confused(although i'm not acting confused just feel it), forgetful, tired, tired eyes, and just generally not right. I've put it down to anxiety and nervous fatigue(Dr Weekes books are a great help). I'm not too anxious about them... well, i am anxious, but i don't think it's anything serious. I know it will get better(accept, float and let time pass :D).

Anyway, about 6 months ago, my mum and i both started getting the weird woozy, drunk, funny feeling eyes while at the computer. I went and got my eyes checked, and for the first time in my life, I need glasses. So i thought my worries were finally over, but i still get the weird feelings, although not so bad, as does my mum.

The pc is under a staircase, which is dull compared to the rest of the room. We've found that when the rooms dull it gets a lot worse, but during the day or if we have really bright bulbs it's not so bad. Is there a screen filter we can buy? Would that help? It's quite weird that we both have the same problem and it started around the same time.

This discussion is related to been feeling woozy, like partially drunk, eyes also feel funny..
I also occasionally get a slight pain in my neck that reminds me of the palpitations and thumping chest. I'm sure it's nothing, just being anxious. Another, quite strange, feeling i sometimes get, is that the ground is bouncing. I've even had this on concrete floors, etc. Other, non-anxious, people have mentioned experiencing this too. Is there any explanation for it?
Hi. I read your post and all the others in the previous thread. I too am having similar drunk, woozy feelings and dead leg and/or arm.  I was wondering if you sleep well?  I have a 17 month old son who is up at night a couple of times and so I haven't slept well in about... 17 months!  I'm wondering if that could be it.  Also, because your mum is suffering too, I've heard that wooziness can be a symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning: maybe you should check that out too.  I hope that helps. Good luck.
Well i can usually sleep all day if allowed. I tend to get at least 8 hours sleep a night though. I almost always sleep the full night, but i am tired quite a lot. Maybe I'm not getting a deep enough sleep...  I sometimes get a confused feeling all day, as though i've not had enough sleep. It's quite weird.

Carbon monoxide? That's quite scary. I will get that checked out. It's only really at the pc though.

When you say a dead arm, that reminds me, I sometimes get a tingly/slighly numb/pins and needles feeling in my hand. It gets worse if i think about it though.

Thanks for your response. Hope your son allows you a good night sleep soon.

x
Have you ever been tested for a sleep disorder. Many of your symtoms (symptoms) sound like sleep apnea. Do you snore at night??? Wake up frequently.  We used to think sleep apnea was in obese people however this is not the case. I think it is worth considering. There are many web sites about sleep disorders. Hope all is well!!!! Brad
I've heard about sleep apnea and have thought that might be the case for a while. Hmm, i've never been tested, but i don't usually wake frequently(that i notice anyway). I don't think i snore loudly. I might snore a bit.

How would they test for it?

Some of my symptoms are only when I'm at the pc. They are quite annoying. A lot of the rest i(and everyone else) put down to my anxiety, which i'm dealing with.

Thanks for the response.
hey guys i also read the other read do ne of u suffer from anxiety??? even if not sounds like depersonalization disorder. i suffer from it and anxiety it makes u feel  like u r drunk out of it all the time like your in a dream your body feels detached from your mind like like your looking and can see but its not like it use to be look up depersonalization disorder guys might help>>>
i am having all the symptoms described and some not mentioned, i have been checked for thyroid, had blood tests, diabetes check and had my blood pressure checked several times, which has always been slightly low but no significant change.I havent had any head injuries, i get the occasional headache but thats usually when we get high pressure b4 storms.
when i walk i have a slight stagger, with heavy legs and feel tipsy, i have recently started to get pain down 1 leg and sensitivity in my lower spine. The back of my head feels 'swimmy'  and my head feels heavy and i have numbness around my face and cheeks and my speech has become slurred on a couple of occasions. My eyes feel sort of dry and almost like they roll slightly.
I dont sleep very well and within a few hours of getting up i could quite easily go back to bed again as i feel so exhausted.
I have had a few bouts of this over the last few years that subside after a few weeks but there has never been any diagnosis of what it can be which for me is a great worry as i live alone and a couple of years ago when it happened i was on my hands to get around my house because i was falling into things and so dizzy that i could barley stand.
I know how you feel. Have been feeling the same for some time now. My sugar and thyroid tests are a little elevated (borderline) but doc says ok and not to worry. I thought I was heading for diabetes or suffering an insulin resistant condition as have also been gaining weight, especially around the middle, but not eating more. Doc says to keep an eye on diet, less refined carbs, sugar, that sort of thing. But I still feel rough on many days.
hey all, I'm one of the original posters from the old thread, well, it's 4 years later and i'm still exactly the same, no awnsers, nothing, i have actually given up hope of ever being normal again and just carry on the way i am, no time has passed in my mind since my last post, the last 4 years are like just one short memory, a flash, well, more like a blurr. I may have got used to being like this but i havn't forgotten what normal is supposed to be like.
hey guys so glad ive come across this forum, my symptons started three months ago following a sickness bug. every sympton you describe i have had. blood tests didnt show anything untoward. Now i know this sounds silly , but please try these excersises. first lay on the bed with your head hanging over the edge, stare at the ceiling for at least forty seconds then slowly sit up. Next, stand up, close your eyes and try to balance first on your left leg then your right leg, then see if you can stand on tiptoes with eyes still closed. I know this sounds silly but somehow it really does seem to help my symptons since i have been following these excersises have greatly improved good luck guys and keep me informed.
Hmm, interesting. Where did you learn this exercise? What was it to treat?
Well Pandamonk, because my symptons were really getting me down, I searched the web and found a website on middle ear viruses. Basically symptons experienced by people suffering from problems with middle ear were exactly the same as mine ie. drunken head feeling, strange feeling in eyes tiredness and fatigue. So i followed the excersises shown which are meant to help the brain compensate for these strange feelings and rebalance us. Did you also experience slight confusion with these episodes?
Yes i experienced confusion
Have you tried the excercises yet? I noticed in one of your comments that you suffer from anxiety me too, I also exoerienced depression due to these symptons, and at one point would not go out. I really to sympathise,
Just a quick note, you also mentioned in one of your notes that sometimes you feel like the floor is bouncing, it may be a coincidence, but this is also one of the symptons of a middle ear imbalance, just thought I would mention it.
Thanks nickypicky. I've not tried them yet, as I've not had any bad symptoms. Were you agoraphobic. I was for a while, but gradually got back out.

The anxiety started when i smoked cannabis for the first time(thought i was having a heart attack) and that's when the floor started bouncing, haha. But it happens now I'm not stoned. I also feel like the floor is too far away (like vertigo), especially if I've been at the pc for a long time.

A lot of my symptoms i put down to anxiety, and when i use my techniques for anxiety they seem to go away. But some things come on without me feeling at all anxious, especially at the pc. My mum gets weird feelings at the pc too.

I never have difficulties with imbalance. When i feel dizzy i can still walk fine and stand on one leg etc. When i was going through the worst of it, i saw the ENT clinic, and they made me stand on one leg, tip toes, etc, etc, and told me my ears were fine. They told me it was probably just anxiety.

Lee
Hi, You mentioned that a lot of your symptons are put down to anxiety and i would totally agree. From a very young age, I have suffered anxiety and severe panic attacks which did in fact make me scared to leave the house, like a horrid vicious circle. You also mentioned about the floor seeming far away, basically like your depth perception is totally out. I experienced similar feelings to this especially it i was outside, and i know it sounds really stupid but lol i used to find that wearing sunglasses helped, although i would look a bit silly if i went out wearing sunglasses in the rain ha ha. Anxiety is a weird thing, a friend of mine whos mum is a nurse, sais that anxiety can bring on so many other symptons, ie the tingling sensation which i have also experiences in the tips of my fingers, this happens when i feel especially stressed. Thanks for replying to my notes, its so nice to speak to others who can understand what we are going through,

Nicky
It's a shame you've had panic attacks for so long. I've just had mine a year and a half, which is long enough! I went to the opticians about the depth perception and got glasses. They help, but i still get it a bit.

Anxiety is weird. There are so many different symtoms (symptoms), from tingles(caused by hyperventilation) and sweating to palpitations, muscle spasms and temporary blindness! And that's just a few of the pysical symptoms. Mental: irrational thoughts, feeling like nothing is real, feeling of "going crazy", feeling like you are going to die any second, etc. Perception: slowing down or speeding up of time, dream-like sensation, dissociation, feeling of loss of free will, etc. It's a weird thing!

I've read a couple of really awesome books by Claire Weekes. They are really well written, explain exactly how you feel, and help a lot with panic attacks/anxiety.

Lee
Thanks for the mention of the Dr Weekes book, I will definately look out for that. You are right about anxiety it definately manifests itself in various ways, I mainly get the really racing heart, feeling of absolute dread and just sheer blind panic, but i now try my upmost to try to ride these emotions and come out the other side, deep breathing helps. Well once again thanks for taking it really helps.

Nicky

Hey I have been feeling these symtpoms of drunkeness and as if I am on drugs but I am not. And although I am sober everything seems to not feel real as If i am dreaming and I dont know what it is and it wont get any better. my blood is fine. can anybody help me?