General Health Community
bilateral foot pain with swelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

bilateral foot pain with swelling

My husband is 35 years old. He has had bilateral foot pain and swelling (non pitting edema) for past several months. Initially the symptoms began about a week after he had went for a 20 mile bike ride with a friend, he had not worked out much prior to the long ride. When the symptoms began of foot pain and swelling about a week later we assumed it was related to the over exercise. After a few weeks of his debilitating symptoms he broke down and made an appointment with a foot specialist, who gave him a very potent anti-inflammatory and when he was almost to the point of using crutches to walk because it became so painful the first time he called back they gave him Ultram which did little to help with his pain. He has also been using the orthotics shoe inserts that were made for his foot. All of this and his feet are still obviously swollen and he limps around all of the time and has his feet up all evening with ice packs after returning home from work, he works M-F and has an office job. What more do we need to ask about or consider as far as tests go. No blood work has been done. This is now almost 3 months with no help from the current treatments.

This discussion is related to Bilateral leg swelling for 8 months.
I am the worried wife, He has had several different diagnosis, ARD, and after a bone scan the last diagnosis was that he had stress fractures in both feet. I think this is pretty serious because after months his feet are very swollen and he can hardly walk and is unable to run around and play with our two kids. The only treatment plan they gave him was rest hot/cold, pain medication and anti-inflammatory. HELP ME!! Is there more we could be doing? Total rest until he is healed? He wants to join in our family functions again....
Hi!  I was curious if your husband's feet pain has been cured.  I've had similar problems for almost 2 years and there is still no diagnosis.  Thanks!!
Have you been tested for Lyme disease?