General Health Community
carcinoid syndrome

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

carcinoid syndrome

My 5H-1AA 24 hour urine test came out 29 (little high).  I have been having face flushing for a good while, and about 2 to 2 1/2 months ago started having tingling/itchy sensation underneath the skin all over.

Isn't this a sign of carcinoid syndrome?  And if that is what it is, then wouldn't I have to have a carcinoma cancer to cause this?

I recently had a biopsy on my thyroid and it was benign.  I also have a tumor in my adrenal gland which doctor is watching via MRI's and it is believed it is not cancer.

Please advise if you think I have a carcinoma cancer somewhere creating the above symtoms (symptoms)?

This discussion is related to Still having feeling of hot head and cold body (chills).
Hi I am going through the same thing along with a bunch of other symptoms. My 5HIAA came back within normal range but my blood serotonin was slightly elevated. Have you had any other tests for carcinoid? Is it a gastroenterologist you see?

I am scared....but the doctors don't seem too concerned. They found what "appeared" to be a liver hemangioma but I am worried it may be carcinoid as that is where alot of my pain comes from. Are you in any pain in the abdominal area?

Hope we can both find answers....Would be great to hear from you. Thanks