General Health Community
chest swollen.. in pain from gym

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

chest swollen.. in pain from gym

i am 23. i just went to th gym three days ago for the first time in a few months or so. i worked out like i always used to and thought it would be ok. the next day after i was in a little pain witch was normal for working out. yesterday it got alot worse. my chest is swollen about two times its size. i have a hard time lifting my arms over my head. and im really sore. i red on the internet about alot of people that have done the same thing. its about half and half with the comments. some people say see a doc and others say its normal and to give it a few days and it will get better. what should i do?
I would see a doctor to make sure a muscle is not torn.  May not hurt at the time.  Any bruising?
nno bruising just very swollen and in a lot of pain. on day 4 now and still no improvment