General Health Community
colostrum.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

colostrum.

So i'm 17 & had a abortion on August 2012 (7 months ago) at exactly 7 weeks. A few weeks after that my boyfriend started sucking on my right nipple & felt something coming out. He squeezed it a bit & saw white stuff coming out. He was saying it was milk, but I know you don't have milk till baby is born. I'm preety sure it was colostrum. So I posted on a another forum about it & asked when will I dry up. Some ladies said no one knows when I could dry up , but to eat lots of chocolate & that'll help me dry up. Now after 7 months, I still haven't dried up. My boyfriend plays with my nipples & we still see it coming out. They even get so sore out of no where & they hurt alot even if I don't touch them.
I don't understand
Sorry didn't finish. But I was saying I don't understand how i'm still producing some. Will they dry up soon? Why do I still have some?
Do not let you boyfriend near those teats.  Each time he is encouraging the hormones for milk.  You have too much of a certain hormone that has not gone away after your abortion and I advice you to see a doctor /gynacologist who will give you the correct medication to stop this problem. Otherwise it could affect your future pregnancies.
Omg no wonder!
I guess I don't think about it during sex .
Now that scares me :/ i'm gonna ask my doctor when I go in a few months.
Thanks for letting me know :)
I am sorry to hear that you had gone through a traumatic experience of having a abortion.

Don't be alarmed about the milk coming from your breasts, but you do need to see your doctor sooner than later.

Like paperclip 46 says, every time your boyfriend is sucking and messaging your nipple area, this is encouraging the milk to flow.  It will continue to do that if he keeps on sucking on your nipples.

See your doctor to get the medication to dry you up.
In the meantime keep your bra on day and night or strap a towel around your boobs.  Also drinking Epsom Salts is supposed to help dry you up, but follow the instructions on the container (it is years ago that I had to do this).
But as you were 7 weeks pregnant, I would not recommend you take the Epsom salts.  It is advisable you see your doctor as I feel it is your hormones that need sorting out.

But the important thing is for your boyfriend and yourself not to squeeze or suck on the nipple or the breast as this will just encourage the flow of milk.  It should then stop.  If you find that your breast starts to feel hot or painful, see the doctor immediately.

Colustrum does come from the nipples way before a baby is born, but not at 7 weeks.

Chocolate will have no effect on drying up breast milk.

Don't wait a few months to see the doctor.  Make an appointment to see him as soon as you can.  You had an abortion at 7 weeks.  And at 7 weeks you should not have been producting colostrum.  You need to see the doctor to get your hormones sorted out.

Best wishes

Yeah it was a very tramatic time of my life & the fact that I see stuff coming out my breasts, makes me think about my angel.

Yeah I'm gonna make him stop doing it till I know it dries up. Thanks for letting me know about that. I would've kept doing it if you guys hadn't told me.
Eek, so if it was too early , then I wonder what it could be!
Yeah I know I should see the doctor as soon as possible, but No other doctor at any other hospital , accepts me.
I have an appointment in a few months with my doctor for my illness which is my thyroid . & i'm gonna see if she can help. I can't make a appointment myself. My mom has to make it, but I can't tell her to make it if she wouldn't know what's it for cause she nor any of my family knows I had the abortion. So I would have to wait..
I feel so sorry for you.  It must have been an extremely difficult decision for you to make.
It is sad that you could not confide in your mum, she may have been OK and helped you.  I know not all mothers are supportive and sympathetic.  And you know your mum best.

Can you not tell your mum that you have a problem with your breasts and not tell her about your private problem and ask her to take you to the doctors?

Hope you get on alright.
Best wishes

It was.
It is sad, but I don't confide in her. Me & her are not close & I'm always embarrased to tell her stuff.
Well that yeah. I can tell her my breasts are hurting or something & she can maybe call. Cause honestly everytime I tell her to call cause of something she never listens.
I have read your first message again, and it has just sunk into my brain that you say your breasts hurt and the nipples are sore.

Tell your mum about this so that she can make an appointment for the doctor as soon as possible.  When you have breast milk, the breasts do not normally hurt.  Tell her that you think it is related to your hormones (which it is).

You may have mastitis (this is an infections in the breast) and you may need an antibiotic.  With mastitis the breasts will feel hard, painful, sore nipples, and the breast skin colour may not be normal.  If you have that then you need to see the doctor urgently.   The other reason they may be hurting is that you have milk that is not being released.  

When you have a bath, lie down on your tummy to bathe your breasts.  You can also apply a cold compress to help.  

But try and get your mum to listen to take you to the doctor as sson as possible.

Best wishes
Yeah. I don't have all those symptons. They look the same before I even got pregnant, the only difference is that I'm producing that & my nipples hurt once in a while. The pain goes on & off.

I will try that & i'll make sure for my mom to listen.
Thanks for your help :)

Wishing you all the best.

Just a note, make sure you use protection before having sex (get him to use a condom) so you only get pregnant when you want to get pregnant.

I was 6 weeks pregnant when I lost mine down the toilet and fished it out.  Had a tremendous shock as I didn't know I was pregnant.  It took me 12 months to come to terms with this.  So I understand the feelings you will be going through and the mental turmoil.   God bless.
Thank you.

I know. We don't use any condoms cause they're very uncomfortable :/
I'm not on bc either . I decided not to get it. We use the pull out method & honestly if it happens i'll be very happy again & take care of my responsibility. These 7 months has been the most depressing time of my life . But since I made that choice, i'm going to have to make sure it doesn't happen again. Trust me I could take care of myself :)

Aww omg so sorry to hear that. It must've been very traumatic. I'm so sorry that happened to you :(  but yeah losing your child is really devestating . But at least our little angels are looking over us <3
If you don't mind me asking, how have you dealt with that?
Dont worry too much, I don't want to stress you out.  It was rather traumatic at the time, but these things happen.  In my case, the doctor said that something was wrong and it was nature's way to make it go.

I will be 61 this year.  I was 30 when it happened.  
My daughter was born when I was 28 and I had problems with my periods after that.  My periods used to be all over the place.  

One month I just had a brown show and thought nothing of it. The next month I started to have a brown show that continued to get worse, after a week I started to bleed very heavily and was bleeding for nearly a week.  I was in extreme agony and joked to my husband to get me some pethedine (painkiller) as I felt I was in labour.  I went to the toilet and heard a tremendous plop so fished it out with the toilet brush.  It was the embryo.
I phoned my sister and joked about it.  She told me it was very serious.  And the doctor came and saw it the next day and said it was 6 weeks.  My doctor prescribed me with medication to clean the womb and I had to have a D&C and was put on hormones to regulate my periods after that.

Although I did not want any more children, I felt very guilty because I had been lifting heavy things.  It took me a year to come to terms with it.  But you never forget.

Although you lost your baby differently, you will still have the mental anguish of your loss and especially so as I presume it would have been your first.

Regarding condoms, you can get different ones these days and latex free.  Don't know where you live, but in the UK we have clinics where you can get free condoms and KY jel and also there are hormonal sprays available that the woman sprays to kill off the sperms.  No doubt you will know that there is what is called a "cap" that the woman inserts inside and also the coil and the pill.  

What you are doing is called the "withdrawal" method.  This is not not safe as the man's fluids can still have semen and enter you without him ejaculating inside.

I am sorry that you were not able to keep your baby, as I see by your notes that you do miss what would have been by counting the days to when you would have had the birth.  

I am sorry too that you do not have a supportive mother.  May be she would have liked to have become a grandmother?

God Bless
Jemma, i sent you a message