concussion and fever
My son was in a bicycle accident 5 days ago. He has a large subgeleal hematoma an subcarinal hemorrhage over the left calvarium. Is that a concussion? They said he has a concussion and mentioned these 2 things, but have not explained what we should be watching for. He is extremely sleepy, irritable, staring off.  Went to the spine doctor today to find out about his compression fractures but nothing was said about the head. When we got home, he started with chills and has a 100 degree temperature. Is this something I should worry about and can you explain the hematomas?
Sounds like you need to take him at the very minimum to urgent care... he needs a second look and you need to be informed of what to do next...