Aa
A
A
Close
corrosive poisoning
In an incident due to injestion of acid i got my oral cavity nd complete pharynx burnt.
Now i am on tracheostomy and gastrostomy tube for feeding.
I underwent PHARYNGEAL SYNECHAE RELEASE+ EXCISION OF WEB UNDERMICROSCOPIC WAS DONE AND TRISMUS RELEASE CONTRACTURE OF MOUTH AND PHARYNGOPLASTY  after the release of my stricture in pharyngyal area nd soft palate nd a bit of release of the oral cavity now i can open my mouth up to an inch
The doctors suggest me to go for LARYNGOPHARYNGO ESOPHAGECTOMY AND PERMANENT TRACHEOSTOMY.
My pharynx is completely constricted like there is a very little space in the pharynx so they want to join the colon from intestine to the base of tongue and remove the larynx part completely
- Now my question is that is there any other way that without removing the larynx my surgery can be done ?
- When can i go for the surgery as it is already one and half year shall i wait or shall i go a head for the surgery?
- What are the chances of survival in that surgery and if  I am on this gastrostomy tube for feeding then what are the     chances of survival?

This discussion is related to Ms. Hasten.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
495284 tn?1333897642
Blank
dominosarah commented on out of sight
10 mins ago
675718 tn?1449992146
Blank