General Health Community
desperate to lose weight and obtain energy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

ive been taking adipex 37.5mg daily for about 2 months and ive not lost any weight and i still lie down and sleep for hours. why isnt adipex working for me.im desperate to lose weight and have enough energy to function in every day life please help me
Exercise and diet are also important.  Try cutting down on one thing at a time.  For instance,  try eating no bread, pasta or anything made of flour or grains.  Later you can try cutting down on something else.  But, just walk around the block once.... every day or every other day.  We can't lose weight just by taking pills.  Sorry.
OMG are you serious..? I mean what is it with "dieters" trying to cut out certain food groups that are necessary for our growth and repair. We need breads, pastas , grains in our diet they also serve a purpose and it's definately not to make us fat! pls i advise you not to cut out any food's in your diet that is unless its for health or religous reasons. If you want to be thin, im positive that you'll want to be thin for as long as you live without feeing deprived and wasting time and energy on calories, amounts, pills that just fool your body and mind and just feel calm and relaxed around food. Listen to your body and give it what it wants and needs, trust me it knows better than you think. Listen to hunger signals and what your hungry for.. it could be anything and whatever it is have it, dont ever deprive or use those useless pills, they are just temporary fixes, you want a permanent fix for good ;). I recommend you  look up How to be naturally thin by eating more by: Jean Antonello it honestly changes your thoughts and feelings about food and allows you to respect your body not punish it.
I surrender!  Dee you are right  at least in part.  You should not deprive yourself of foods which are good for you.... just substitute them... For instance,  exchange the white bread for whole wheat, the white pasta for whole wheat, the white rice for brown or wild rice.  And don't deprive yourself of fats.  Fats are necessary to lose fat.  Safflower oil (1 Tbs.) taken every morning (aka CLA) can help one lose the tummy fat.  Probiotics are also very important as the good bacteria can deflate the stomach.  Stop using margerine which turns into plastic in your stomach, and use real butter.