General Health Community
diflucan pill for yeast infections...side effects?!?!

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

question ladies...i took my diflucan pill on monday, but i wanted to know is a white discharge a side effect of the pill? i have taking diflucan multiple times before, but i never bothered those times to actually look and see what was going on down there. this time i did and it seems like a white discharge is coming out...someone told me that was the yeast mixing w/the medicine coming out. is that true?
Diflucan is a powerful drugs, with several disturbing side effects.

Rather than provide you with a filtered version of facts I suggest you go to the government database "Pubmed" (do a google search) and
in the database type in "Diflucan" and "side Effects".
ok, thanx!
Sounds like a yeast infection discharge to me; this is NO side effect from the medication in my opinion.    
so, does that mean the diflucan hasnt cleared up the yeast infection?
As you see no discharge, it would be safe to say the infection is all clear.  

When did you take the pill?  
i took the pill on monday and its now saturday and i still have white pasty discharge, but it doesnt itch, burn, smell or anything. its just there. im so over these yeast infections...do i need to go back to the gyno for the 50th time? i dont wanna go back if there is no need. suggestions?
Well, you possibly might need another round.  Call the physician monday and see if they can call another prescription into your pharmacy.  The infection should be completely cleared by now.  Sounds like a second dose should do it.  

REFRAIN from sex, wearing tight pants or panties, do NOT douche.      

ok, thanx! i will do that...hopefully it works. this is really stressing me out!
Avoid baths if you can; showers would be better until this infection clears.